- The yields of oil and fuels from algae are much higher (10-100 times) than competing energy crops
- Algae can grow practically anywhere, thus ensuring that there is no competition with food crops.
- Algae are excellent bioremediation agents - they have the potential to absorb massive amounts of CO2 and can play an important role in sewage and wastewater treatment.
- Algae are the only feedstock that have the potential to completely replace world's consumption of transportation fuels.
- Algae are already being used in a wide variety of industries and applications, and many newer applications are being discovered. Such a wide range of end-uses enable companies to produce both fuels and non-fuel products from the same algae feedstock
Thursday, 19 November 2009
Oil From Algae: CO2 Reduction Bio-Diesel Output
Posted by John Burke at 13:14
Labels: Watch this Space
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment